Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing everyone a happy healthy Thanksgiving. 

I have a lot to be thankful for.  We lost power for 2 days this week and with no power is no heat and no water.  It's not fun....very stressful.  But, it could have been much worse.   I'm thankful for all that I have. 

I have been thinking about my Baba (Grandmother) lately.  She passed away 9 years ago.  I grew up with her around all of the time.  She made the same cookies all of the time, but we loved them.  I only make them around the holidays.  I have been wanting her sugar cookies for some time now.  The last time I tried to make them, they were missing something.  So, today, I tried again.  I use the same type of cookie tins that she did.  They came out perfectly.  Even if I say so myself.  Just taking a bite brought me back to my days with Baba.  The memories are precious.  At least I gave my family a taste of what I grew up with.  I have shared my memories of her with them and they feel very close to her.  I'm thankful to have had her in my life. 

I hope all of you have wonderful memories of loved ones this Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment