Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, November 29, 2013

It's Christmastime.....

I always usher in Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  Christmas is my favorite holiday.  After clearing away the dishes and food from Thanksgiving, we headed out for Black Friday specials.  We sometimes go out early Black Friday morning, but this was the first time we headed out on Thanksgiving.  I wanted to get some good deals at Kohl's and I did.  Some really nice sweaters  from $9.99 to $15.99.  I also had a $5 off coupon plus 15% off.  The savings were worth the trip.  Kohl's also gave out Kohl's cash to be used the first week of December.

So, I spent about 5 hours on Friday creating my winter wonderland.  I love putting up my 3 vintage tinsel trees and looking through my vintage ornament collection.  I forget how many wonderful ones I have.  This year though, I put up less then usual.  (Which is still a lot).  All the while listening to Christmas music.  Tonight, we will stand in the cold on the Woodstock square like we do every year, to watch the lighting of the square.  It is really magical. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with those you hold dear and may you usher in the Christmas season with health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment