Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Vintage Santa Fun

I love Christmas!  I especially love vintage Christmas treasures.  Every year, the day after Thanksgiving is spent decorating for Christmas.  I just love rediscovering my treasures as I unpack them.

Today, Ethan and I spent the day going to doctor/dentist appointments.  Since we were in Lake Zurich, I thought why not stop at the Goodwill.  We haven't been there in a while.  It has changed so much since we were there in the summer.  It's a little more chaotic and messy, but, isn't that the thrill of treasure hunting?  While looking through the Christmas decorations, I spotted two Santa's that I don't have in my collection.  One is a red plastic Santa that held candy.  Since it had an orange sticker on it, it was half off.  So, it cost 25 cents.  The other is a black Santa.  I haven't been able to find one in my treasure hunting.  He was 99 cents.  I was so excited.  I had to glue some of his fur back on, but he looks great.  He is going to stay a part of my collection.  I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment