Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Italian Soup

Another day of really cold temps.  It is a high of 5 degrees.  So, what better day to make Italian soup?  In the Jan/Feb issue of Midwest Living, there was an article on having a soup get together.  One of the recipes was for Italian soup.  I tried it a few weeks ago and loved it.  I substituted the sausage with a chicken sausage that I picked up at Sam's Club.  It has some cheese in it and really adds to the soup.  Fresh bread from the bread machine and a side salad will make a great dinner tonight.

With these cold temps, I really have been wishing for spring.  I did an allium presentation on Monday for a garden club and the vivid photos were enough to make the whole group dream of spring.  On Wednesday, I had a Gardenfest meeting to start putting some finishing touches on it.  I can't get away from wishing for spring.  Gardenfest is on April 5 at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.  We have Amanda Thomsen who wrote the book, "Kiss My Aster", as the keynote.  There are also 36 classes to choose from.  The most we have ever offered.  So, make sure to attend this event by contacting the college to register. 



No comments:

Post a Comment