Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Fun

Happy Valentine's Day!
It is always busy this time of year at my house.  A few birthdays to celebrate this month along with Valentine's day makes this a very special month.   Even better today was the weather.   A little warmer and not so dreary.

Since Ethan had a half day of school, I "made" him come along on my treasure hunting.  He's always a good sport and just comes along for the ride....to talk.  We stopped at an estate sale in McHenry and found a seashell lidded box and a pewter candlestick holder.  At $2, they were too nice to pass up.  Then, on to the Sparrows Nest in McHenry.  I found a nice bracelet there.  I hadn't been into the Pink Door (across the street) for a long time, but since we had time, we stopped there.  It was so much fun!  They had lots of nice treasures.  I ran out of time and will need to go there again soon.  I couldn't leave Austin waiting at school....  I found a long vintage tablecloth, a swan needlepoint doily, a pottery swan and a frog for my garden.  All were priced reasonably.  It's a nice clean store and well organized.  I even ran into a gardening friend that volunteers there a few days a week.  It was nice to catch up with her. 

A few more estate sales are popping up.  They are listed in the paper or online.  Make sure to check them all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment