Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birthday Surprise!

My birthday is coming up and I received a box full of wonderful surprises today from my brother Michael and his wife Tina.  It was so much fun going through the box.  Michael wraps each item in layers of bubble wrap and it takes time to unwrap each one.  That makes each treasure even more special since I had to take my time and really look at each one.

They both know that I love seashells and the ocean.  I must have mentioned it before (50 million times).  So, I was thrilled to get 3 painted seashells with scenes of the shore and lighthouses, a copper shell tray and a lighthouse painted cloche.  I have been looking for a cloche and this one is perfectly me.  They sent me lots of other wonderful treasures, but these are my favorites. 

I really can't wait for summer.  I will take spring instead of the snow that is coming down right now.  I already have a place and idea in mind for the shell treasures that I got today.  In the mean time, I'll just have to dream of warmer days. 

This weekend is the Grayslake Flea Market in Grayslake Illinois. 

No comments:

Post a Comment