Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

What a Surprise!

What a nice surprise I had today!  My friend Mary and I got together today at Panera Bread.  We hadn't gotten together in a while.  She surprised me with a beautiful burgundy crochet lap blanket that she made.  It is so wonderful and thoughtful.  I love it!  It looks wonderful on my pink hall chair.  But I'm sure to use it tonight when I sit to read the newest issues of Flea Market Gardens and Flea Market Décor.  The newest spring issues are here.


After I left Panera Bread, I stopped at the Sparrows Nest in McHenry.  I found some really nice treasures.  2 Japanese items:  plate and bowl, a kids pattern for a Power Ranger costume, a bag of buttons, a terra cotta angel (for my garden), and an assortment of vintage pins and earrings.  I used my 25% off coupon so I only spent $20 today.  I was so excited. 


There is an estate sale on Kishwaukee Valley Road in Woodstock from today until Sunday.  I'm hoping to shop it tomorrow.  I just hope it doesn't snow.  It sounds great from the ad in the paper.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment