Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sewing....pillows

Since I'm pretty much snowed in, I sewed another rooster pillow.  I decided that this one would be without trim since the fabric is so pretty on its own.  I had already sewed a rooster pillow the other day with black and white trim.  I love how they both turned out!  I am out of lots of decorative trim and can't wait for treasure hunting to begin to find more.

Tomorrow school is closed since the wind chills will be around -40 degrees.  I want to sew a few more pillows with a summer theme.  (Maybe that will help me to cope with the cold weather.)

It's nice to be inside when it's snowing.  Last night, the boys and I were driving home from Loves Park and it took us so long in the snow.  It was scary and nerve wracking.  I'm thankful that we made it home safely.  So, tomorrow, we will be inside where we can just watch the snow from where it's safe.  Drive safely in the snow and try to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment