Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Jewelry On My Mind

Another day with jewelry on my mind.  I woke up with some new ideas and couldn't wait to try them out.  Since it is too cold outside to do anything, what better way to enjoy the day.


I had found a wonderful aqua stone pin (the pin part was broken) a few years ago at a garage sale.  The woman was selling her moms vintage jewelry.  I loved it! but wasn't sure how I would use it.  I just happened to have the perfect chain for it and just attached it.  Sometimes beauty is just simple.  This piece is simple, but perfect.  It's a keeper.


The other necklace started with a cameo and just blossomed from there.  I had 2 wonderful black vintage sparkly earrings that worked well with it.  Sometimes its just a matter of playing around until the pieces "fit" with each other.  I love how this piece came out also.


Another forecast for sub zero temperatures tomorrow.  I wonder what I will create?

No comments:

Post a Comment