Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Creating.....Jewelry

Today was a creating jewelry day.  A day to be inside anticipating the arctic cold for the next 2 days with highs of -9.  I was in the mood to stay home and create.

I finished 5 necklaces and 1 pair of earrings.  I  had sooooo much fun putting together vintage pieces to create something fresh and fun.  I especially love cameo pieces and used 2 of them today in the necklaces.  I also love bling and found a way to incorporate that into the pieces.  The contrast of a black and white cameo with sparkly stones is wonderful.  I loved the black and white cameo when I found it a while back.  It could be used as either a pin or pendant.  Since the pin part was broken, I knew that it would become a part of a necklace.  It is such a wonderful piece.    I made one of the necklaces simple with a pretty blue stone pendant.  I also had some rhinestone pieces that I made into earrings.  I had used the other part of them a few weeks back in a necklace.  It's fun to take apart a piece and be able to use all of it for something else.  Nothing goes to waste. 

Close to 30 years ago when I was visiting in Sausalito California, I bought a great pair of bronze filigree earrings.  They are large and fun and I loved them!  I wore them constantly.  Fast forward to today.  I haven't worn them in over 20 years, but still think that they are wonderful.  So, I used them in a long strand necklace.  It looks great.  I am so glad that they will still be worn and not just hidden away.

I love the idea that vintage pieces can be transformed into something that can be cherished today.  It is fun to create pieces of jewelry like that.  Did I mention that I had lots of fun creating jewelry today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment