Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, January 24, 2014

I Drove Through the Blowing Snow.....

I drove through the blowing snow to get to a Caring Transitions estate sale in Woodstock on Applewood Lane off of McConnell Road in Woodstock.  McConnell road had so much snow blowing onto it that I almost slid off of it a couple of times.  But, I trudged on.  I'm glad that I did.  I found 2 fabulous cement statues for the garden.  One of mushrooms and the other is a frog spouting fountain.  Nothing better to get me into gardening mode and thinking of spring.  The price was right at $10 each.  I sat through a Seed class last night at the U of I Master Gardener office in Woodstock and thoughts of spring haven't left me yet.  After today's weather, I don't think that we are even close to spring yet.  Oh well!


There is a kids book sale (some adult books too) at the Algonquin Township Office this weekend.  I stopped in today and found some nice books and comics.  Kids books are 50 cents each and adult books are $1 each.  Since I'll be inside, some new reads are a good idea.


I looked at the estatesales.net website and saw that there are estate sales in the next few weeks close by.  Treasure hunting will keep me from going stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment