Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Where Did Spring Go?

As I'm sitting here at my computer, I'm looking at snow coming down in Woodstock.  It's not sticking but it is snowing.  It's cold outside too and I just took my winter coat to the dry cleaners.  The bright note is that it should warm up by the end of the week.

I had so much fun last Thursday with 3 rummage sales.  I found soooooo many wonderful treasures.  Vintage dishes (another treasure for me to collect), a great vintage garbage can, an aluminum tray by Everlast that I have scrubbed down to remove the stains and looks fantastic now, a cigar purse, jewelry box, aprons, fabric, doilies and vintage tablecloths.  I spent about $50 in total that day.  Not bad for all of those treasures.  I like to tell you what I spent on these items so that you can see that really nice pieces don't have to cost a fortune.  I will keep some of these pieces and some I will put up on Ebay.  I just have to find the time.  The days seem to go by quicker than I can stop.  My plan was to put up some for auction today.  Instead, I'm taking my car to the Farm and Fleet to get 2 new tires.  Life sure gets in the way of fun!

Tomorrow I'm going to greet school kids at the Ag Expo in Woodstock at the fairgrounds.  Every other year, 3rd and 4th graders spend time learning about farms, animals, plants and everything farm related.  Even spinning wool.  It's a lot of fun to see the kids excited.  Especially if there are baby chicks. 

Now that the boys are older, it's harder to put together an Easter basket for them.  I still like to do it though and they do look forward to it.  This year is more comics and video game related.  I still have to get Austin a rabbit/Easter nutcracker. 

Van's Antique store right outside of Walworth Wisconsin has opened.  He is open on Friday 1-5 and on Saturday.  I hope to get there soon.  He always has some wonderful treasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment