Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sales are Starting

The Vintage Shop Hop went so well this past Friday and Saturday.  I hope you all had fun and thank you to those who came and shopped at the Carriage House in Crystal Lake.  We had so much fun doing it.  The weather was cooperative so many people were out and about.

On Sunday, I went to a sale at Elgin High School.  This was its 42nd year.  I went for the first time.  It was sooooo much fun.  Over 200 booths with vintage, antique, new and more.  I found the most adorable handmade plastic Easter eggs.  I had to buy them.  The picture doesn't do them any justice.  I also found a wonderful 25th anniversary framed basket and a vintage photo album filled with newspaper clippings, recipes, pictures etc.  I don't know which item I like more.

We also went to the Algonquin Library book sale on Friday and found some good books on gardening and knitting.  The prices are always great.  The next sale dates are:  July 9-12 and November 12-15.

I found out about 2 sales.  The spring garden show at Antiques of Winfield at 27W461 Beecher, Winfield IL April 25-26 from 10-5.  I have never been to this one, but it looks like fun.  The other sale is a new one this year at:  22029-22049 N. Pepper Road in Lake Barrington on May 9th from 9-5.  It's a spring market with 9 Barrington area shops hosting it.  Another sale that looks like fun.

Remember that this Thursday, March 12th, are 2 church rummage sales.  One in Prairie Grove on Rte 176 and the other in Cary at the Methodist Church on 1st Street.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment