Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Treasure Hunting Day

We had so much snow on Monday that I thought what better day to pot some of my bulbs that I just got at Walmart.  I had some decorative angel vessels that I knew would look really good with the flowers in there.  I was right.  They were a perfect fit.  I also needed to plant a few flea market finds with plants for the class that I am teaching at Gardenfest on April 11 at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake on Flea Market Gardening.  I had an enamel colander and a strainer that worked really well as a planter.  Hopefully the hyacinths and tulips will bloom in time for the class.

I visited a really neat resale store in Oregon IL called Rock River Resale.  It's at 404 W. Washington.  They have a great assortment of treasures that are priced from really inexpensive to a little much.  But, there is definitely something for everyone.  Of course Austin didn't want to go in.  He was a little tired from all of my treasure hunting.  But, of course, he was the one who found the treasures.

Happy treasure hunting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment