Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Vintage Crates

I was so happy to be out in the wonderful weather this past week.  Even today was beautiful.  I took advantage and started to clean up my gardens.  I'm a little out of shape and my body is a little sore now, but, boy do I feel good.  I accomplished a lot and even put out some of my garden ornaments.  Spring is definitely on its way even though tomorrow is supposed to get really cold again.  I can handle the cold now since I've had a small dose of warmth and sunshine.

On Friday, I stopped at a few sales and was very happy to find some vintage Pepsi crates.  They were really wonderful.  I also found a vintage bottle crate from Boylan Bottling Company in Paterson NJ.  Since I'm from Jersey, I'm going to keep it to use in Ethan's room as a shelf for his turtle collection.  I hope to get to it soon after I finish with outside cleanup.  I put the Pepsi crates in Carriage House and am using them to hold vintage treasures.  It looks really nice.

I was busy restocking my shelves at Carriage House.  I always love to see what I have put away to sell at a later time.  It's like Christmas every day!  Pretty soon I'll be taking over garden items.  I'm still working on that.  I hope to get those treasures in the store by Sunday.

There is a flea market in Wheaton at the DuPage Fairgrounds on Sunday.  I have never  been to it before so maybe I'll take a ride over.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment