Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Felt Star Ornaments

I first saw felt star ornaments in the Holiday magazine by Matthew Mead.  I knew that I could make them with vintage pieces that I had around the house.  So, since today was only 9 degrees outside, what better time to make them.

I used off white and khaki colored felt to create the vintage looking stars.  I found a great star template that had rounded corners like I wanted to use.  I got 3 stars per felt piece.  Years ago, I bought a ring of needlepoint thread from a sale for about $2.  You never know when the thread will come in handy.  Today was it!  I have every color imagineable.  I attached vintage aluminum reflectors with the thread and then attached vintage ball tree ornaments inside of the reflectors.  The balls were attached to a pipe cleaner so I put a hole through the felt and just bent the pipe cleaner to keep it attached.  I then stitched around the star with the needlepoint thread and filled it with craft fiberfill.  These will make great presents.  Too bad I won't give them out until next Christmas. 

These would make cute hanging valentine's also.  I may use the yo-yo fabric and vintage buttons pieces on the valentine's.  It's so much fun being creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment