Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Love! Pillows

I love making pillows!  I am running out of space in my house to display/use them.  I will probably need to be making them for gifts soon. 

I saw the cutest pillow on the front of Sew-it magazine Feb/March issue.  They used yo-yo fabric for flowers.  I have so many of those yo-yo's made from vintage fabric.  Last summer, I bought a box full of already cut vintage fabric circles to make the yo-yo's.  I also bought some already made from the Historical Society in Union during a sale.  So, I used them with garage sale fabric.  The fabric is a blue color with a flower pattern.  I chose 3 that blended well with the vibrant pattern.  I didn't use stems/leaves with this pillow.  I liked the look without them.  I did use vintage buttons to hold the flowers in place.  My mother had sent me a tin of vintage buttons that she got at a garage sale for $1.  (I showed them in a past article.)  I am so happy with the look.  I decided to put the pillow on the sofa with other similar colored pillows.  Just a little rearranging. 

I do have some other ideas for using the yo-yo's in future pillows.  I want to make some yo-yo's from all of that fabric I have that is already cut.  Someone took a long time to cut the circles and I want to finish it for them.  I must have about 150 circles.  Just enough for a few more pillows.....

No comments:

Post a Comment