Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Gifts

The kids and I spent a wonderful day with my Cousin Barb in Deerfield.  We always go out for a special lunch before opening presents.  This year, we went to Cheesecake Factory.  I always wanted to go there.  I have to say that the Adam's Peanut Butter cheesecake ripple was fabulous.  I love peanut butter and it was peanut butter paradise.  Austin got the Smore's cheesecake, Ethan got the Hershey's Chocolate Bar cheesecake and Barb got the Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake.  We sampled each other's just to make sure we weren't missing anything. 

Barb gave us some wonderful gifts, but I wanted to show you 2 in particular.  One is a metal cuff bracelet that is made out of vintage license plates.  It has New Jersey on it.  The picture doesn't do it justice since I couldn't fit in the words.  It is too cute.  The second gift is a collection of elf ornaments and figures.  I love elf figures.  These are great!  I already added them to my shelf display.

Here is something to look forward to:  A Vintage Market on April 25-26 in Rockford.  They are on Facebook.  I have gone to one of their sales when it was in a house.  Now they are having the sale in a farm field.  There are so many great vintage treasures and hand made items that there is definitely something there for everyone.

Proven Winners is having their gardening event on February 1 at Boerner Botanical Garden in Hales Corner Wisconsin.  It is a fun event but a little pricey.  Tickets are $70 per person.  You do get lunch and a bag of stuff.  Check it out at:  www.provenwinners.com

No comments:

Post a Comment