Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Tree

We got our Christmas tree on Saturday at Menards.  We have been going to Menards every year to get our tree.  (The price is right there and the selection is pretty good).  They still had some nice trees left.  This one wasn't shedding many needles and it is still drinking plenty of water.  All good signs.

While the kids and hubby were watching Men In Black 3, I decorated the tree.  I don't like stringing the lights so Caldwell helped this year.  I do love, though, hanging the ornaments.  I was selective this year and didn't put up every ornament that we have.  I only bought 1 new ornament this year.  It is a blue ball with Santa and his sleigh on it,  I bought it at Seasons by Peg on the Woodstock Square.  It is a lovely ornament.  The tree has a crafty, country, glitz look to it.  I hang ornaments that I love, not for a theme but for the mood I'm going for.  I just love to sit and be around the tree when it's all lit up.  The boys thought the tree looked "beautiful".  I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment