Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Snow for Christmas!

We already had snow on the ground when we got a few inches on Sunday.  Today it is so blustery cold that you can't spend more than a minute outside without freezing.  It is so unbelievably cold.

I thought I would share photos of my yard/garden in the snow.  I don't cut down or clean up anything until the spring.  I like the look of dried flowers with the snow on it.  The leaves protect the plants from freezing and thawing so that they can survive the winter.  I look forward to the cleanup work in the spring. 

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year!  Have fun on your pathtojunkentreasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment