Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vintage Treasure Hunting

Every Christmas, I make sure that I visit the Colonial Antique Mall on Lake Street in Woodstock.  I am bound to find some great Christmas treasures there.

Yesterday was my day.  Not only did I find some treasures, but I saw a few friends.  What a delightful few hours I spent there.  I like the different booths and the eclectic collection in each one.  I found a great gold glitter Santa (still in his original package for $5), 2 tinsel hanging sticks (still in their original packages for $2 each), a great gold bell chain for $4.50 that I'm using on my fireplace mantle to give it something more and another item to put in Caldwell's stocking.  I can't tell you what it is or show a picture of it because he and a co-worker Dan sometimes read this and I don't want to give it away.  The kids and I think that it will make a wonderful stocking stuffer.

Tomorrow is an estate sale by Caring Transitions in Lakewood.  The descriptions sound really good.  Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment