Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Estate Sale Treasure Hunting

I did stop at the Caring Transitions estate sale in Crystal Lake today.  I only had to wait outside in the cold for about 30 minutes.  The rooms were so tiny but there were some nice treasures.  I bought a wonderful vintage wire bell shaped mistletoe holder that had vintage ball ornaments around the bottom and dried mistletoe still inside.  I loved it!  I don't have anything like it.  For now, I have it sitting on top of some vintage ornaments.  It does look nice there.

Since I was in the treasure hunting mode, I stopped at Savers in Crystal Lake.  I hadn't been there in awhile.  They had lots of Christmas items but not much else on the shelves.  I did find a milk glass grape pattern bowl by Westmoreland for $5. 

Marshall's in Crystal Lake will be closing its doors the middle of January.  I'm going to make it a point to stop there to see what treasures I can find.  I really like that store.  There doesn't seem to be another one that close by.  I'm sad to see it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment