Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Treasure Hunting Early

Bright and early start this morning.  I usually get up early anyway.  The day seems to last longer when I'm up early and getting started on my to do list.  This morning I wanted to get in line early for the rummage sale in Crystal Lake.  It was fun to stand around and talk to my rummage sale friends.  It's such a nice way to start the day.

The sale was quite large and I did find some nice treasures.  I found a giant pottery seashell ($5), vintage jewelry (mostly pins for 25-50 cents each) and a few vintage tablecloths for $1 each.  I even stopped at some garage sales and found the boys some video games.  Since they are coming home tomorrow, I wanted to add some things to their pile of treasures that I have found for them.

There is a church rummage sale in Barrington tomorrow on Church St.  I haven't been to this one before so it should be a nice surprise.  There are some garage sales listed in the paper that I hope to get to. 

There is a flea market every Sunday during the summer at Wilmot Mountain in Wilmot Wisconsin.  I haven't been there in a while but my friends say that they have found some treasures and that it is quite large at times.  I should probably get there to check it out.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment