Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Vintage Treasures Day

What a fun day it was!  I started out extra early today to get to the St. John's church rummage sale in Johnsburg.  It started at 8am and I was there at 7:10am and was first on line.  It was the perfect time to chat with friends that came along a few minutes later.  I was sad to hear that a rummage sale friend had lost his sweet wife quickly to a brain tumor.  I have been going to these sales for years and have many dear friends because of it.  They have watched my kids grow up and I have shared in their joys and sorrows.  Today was a shared sorrow. 

The sale was wonderful.  I brought home many vintage treasures of linens, jewelry, metal mini trays for 25 cents each, 2 aluminum trays for $2, a vintage Paris plate for $1,  pottery including a McCoy swan (for 50 cents) and lots of other useful treasures.  Most items cost between 25 cents to $2 that I bought.  The prices were so reasonable that I couldn't pass up anything.  I also stopped at lots of garage sales and a few estate sales.  I came home with more vintage linens, including a hand embroidered crib sheet that is darling and a wonderful vintage lamp (for $5 that was a wedding present to the mother of the woman who was selling it) which is now in my living room.  I am still looking for the perfect lamps for the living room and may end up incorporating this one when I find another one that I like.   

Today was one of those days that I just wanted to keep going a little while longer.  It was that much fun.  Tomorrow the weather should be perfect for the garden walk in Woodstock from 11-4 and then the Belvidere flea market from 4pm-midnight.  I'm looking forward to treasure hunting some more this weekend.  Hope you can spend some time treasure hunting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment