Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Eklhart Lake Wisconsin

We spent a lovely weekend in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.  (Caldwell raced in Road America).  We always stay at the Osthoff Resort.  Love it!  It is a wonderful place.  We always look forward to making smores on the beach on Saturday night.  This year, we just finished making one when the rain came down.  We were soaked.  I haven't gotten that soaked in years.  Our clothes were plastered on us.  At least we all had one smores before we had to make a run for it.  Austin was lucky that he made his second one just in time.

Saturday morning by the train station is the farmers market.  We love visiting it and buying fresh vegetables, baked goods and other fun treasures.  A good place for breakfast/coffee is at Off the Rails right across the way.

My favorite shop, Rhine Street General, moved to Plymouth which is only about 6 minutes down the road.  It is now RSG located at 429 E. Mill Street in Plymouth.  I found some cute treasures even though they downsized.  Fibber McGee's located at 108 Caroline St, just down the street from RSG, is another favorite.  Always fun things to find there.  I stumbled across Maggie's Closet at 127 E. Mill Street.  It is a fashion and home décor consignment store.  I found a great pair of brand new shoes.  There are lots of neat stores along this street and is worth the stop if you are in the area.  Lots of antique stores also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment