Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Milk Glass

I just love milk glass.  I know that others think that it is no longer popular, but I don't care.  I love how it looks.  I do have so say that my collection is huge and I'm outgrowing space for it.  But.......

Today I stopped in Second Chances Antiques & Resale at 421 N. Randall Rd in Lake in the Hills and found a great collection of milk glass at the back of the store.  My heart started thumping.....

I picked out 4 pieces that I didn't have.  It's getting harder to find pieces that I don't have.  I especially love the piece with milk glass sea shells all over it.  So, when I got home, I rearranged some of the milk glass pieces that I have in the dining room on the window ledge.  I also decided to box up a few milk glass pieces that I will sell in the future.  I want to make room for a new look.  I'll be parting with a few of the milk glass baskets. 

So, while I was in the mood to rearrange, I went through my dining room and kitchen areas and boxed up other vintage pieces that I will be selling in the future.  My tastes are changing and I want my home to reflect that.  I always come across new pieces for my collections which is the reason for treasure hunting.

I'll be garage saleing this weekend.  Can't wait to add treasures to my collections.  Don't forget, the Cedarburg WI flea market is on Sunday.

Happy treasure hunting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment