Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Estate Sale Hunting

2 estate sales in one day!  The first one was in McHenry and what a hoarder house it was.  You could hardly get through the hallways, never mind look through everything in each room.  The prices were kind of high and I didn't see a lot of treasures that I had to have.  I finally found 2 vintage metal flower frogs.   Another woman grabbed the smallest one.  I got the medium for $8 and large one for $10.  I paid a lot for them, but I never see them anymore.  Just watch, now I will find them everywhere.  I also found a vintage Illinois serving tray for 50 cents, a Pyrex measuring cup for $4 and a French vintage handbag for $5.  Overall, it was fun.  I waited for 45 minutes for my number and for them to open at 10am.  (Later than usual for an estate sale) and a half hour to finally get in when they did open.  There were so many people there. One guy had come at 3:30am to put his name on the list to get in.   It wasn't so cold when you stood in the sun.  At least there were people to talk to.  I met Cindy.  She sells on Ebay under the seller name:  threetangerines.  She was informative and fun to talk to.  I need to check out her site.  I told her to check out my brothers Ebay site:  junkentreasures.

The second estate sale was in Crystal Lake by Caring Transitions.  It was a nice house on Pomeroy, but I didn't find anything.

I spent so much time today preparing for my Allium class at Gardenfest tomorrow.  It should be a fun and informative day.  It definitely gets you in the mood to garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment