Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Like Christmas!

2 fun sales today.  I went to an estate sale in McHenry and found some cute inexpensive items.  She had quite a few chipped/broken items, but I managed to find some good things.  Every year the kids play at their piano recital and I give them a musical piano as a gift.  Those pianos are hard to come by.  So, when I find them, I stock up. I found 3 today priced from 25 cents to $3.  I had to keep winding and playing with the larger one, but it works!  I think I'm set for at least 3 years now.  But, if I find more, I'm buying them.  I found a made in Brazil vase for $1, a tin for 50 cents to use for gifts, 2 dishes for 50 cents each to create my cake stands (I haven't found time yet to make them but at least I have some supplies), a paperweight for 10 cents and a "drum" for $3.  I had fun at this sale.

The afternoon took me to the church rummage sale in Huntley on Main/Church St.  There wasn't as much at this one either.  The latest rummage sales haven't had many items to choose from so what they did have was priced higher than usual.  I did find the most items in the Holiday room.  It was like Christmas in October.  I found 4 trolls for $1 each for my mom.  She collects them, so I'll give them to her at Christmastime.  I also found 2 vintage elfs (I collect elfs) for $4 each, 6 vintage people ornaments that were in a bag for $1 and are quite valuable and 3 crocheted doilies for $2.50 total.  I always love buying Christmas ornaments all year round.  Christmas is my favorite holiday and you can't start buying for it too early.  I keep my eyes open all year round for gifts and for decorations/ornaments. 

Garage sales are becoming fewer but there should still be a few rummage sales up into the first week of November, or at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment