Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Treasures in Woodstock

I had fun looking for treasures in Woodstock.  I stopped at the VFW in Woodstock for their Soup to Nuts sale and found a vintage orange/goldtone bracelet with matching earrings for $1.50.  I didn't know until I got home that they were signed, Coro.  Good name for jewelry.  I was excited!  I also bought 3 books for 50 cents (total, not each). 

Today was the inexpensive day to treasure hunt.  I love those hunts.  I went to the estate sale on Blakely Street and only found a vintage tin for $1.  I like to use those to put gifts in.  The sale was being run by a few people, 2 of which were Bonnie and Alan Cornue.  (Alan used to be the mayor of Woodstock)  I hadn't seen them in years so it was nice to catch up.

There was also an estate sale on Dane Street.  I stopped in and had fun looking at their cute things.  I found a vintage plant book for $1, a head vase for $2, and a pin for $1.   At the last estate sale, I found some fabric for $1 each and 2 doilies for 50 cents each.  See, it really was the inexpensive treasure hunting day.  I had lots of fun.

Garage sale season is winding down.  I always dread this time of year when the sales are few and far between.  I will have to get my fix from the thrift stores in the area until Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment