Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

One Good Garage Sale

On the way to taking Austin to school, we stopped at the Zion Lutheran Rummage sale in McHenry.  They didn't have that much to look through.  I did manage to find 4 doilies for 50 cents each and 3 Debbie Macomber books for 25 cents each.  I really like her books and couldn't believe that I didn't have those.  I saw some of my rummage sale friends and one brought me some stuffed cabbage and blueberry cake.  We were talking about stuffed cabbage last week and I told her that I only eat it once a year when I see my mom and that I missed it.  She was so sweet to bring me some that she made.  Delicious!

I dropped Austin off at school and went on to the Methodist Church rummage sale in McHenry.  They had a few more things, but still not the usual amount.  I found 2 purses to use the handles for my felted bags for $1 each.  I was going to buy more, but they wanted $2 a bag.  I only pay up to $1 for each since I find them so frequently.  I also found 6 embroidered napkins for 25 cents each and a matching tablecloth for $1, and a chicken wire basket for 50 cents.

I stopped at a garage sale in McHenry and found a treasure load for the boys.  The couple must have older boys since the toys were older.  I found a box full of transformer toys for $3.  He had it closed and when I peeked inside I couldn't believe it.  Austin had seen one of the toys at the Saylorsburg flea market in PA this summer and wanted it so badly, but the man was asking $35.  Even though it was only half of the toy, we are a step closer to finding the whole thing.  I believe that it came in sets to build a full transformer.  I also found 2 bags full of Digimon/Yugioh and Pokemon miniature figures for $4, a bag full of Gameboy games that I will sell on Ebay, wonderful Pokemon fabric for $2 each (the fabric is hard to come by.)  The boys want me to make a quilt for them.  That's a good winter project.  I found a PSP game for $1 and a tin full of buttons for me (I needed something too) for $1.  I went through all of them and I'll be using some for future projects.

That was a good sale.  The boys were so excited when they came home and saw the kitchen table full.  I spent most of the afternoon going through Hot Wheels cars that I'm going to sell soon on Ebay.  I needed to use a magnifying glass to see the dates and names on the bottom.  (I must be getting old). 

There are some garage/estate sales in Woodstock tomorrow.  The VFW in Woodstock is having their Soups to Nuts rummage sale also.  I'll try to get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment