Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Garage Sale Day

We had the perfect weather for our 4 friends garage sale today.   A little cool with some cloud cover.  It was a beautiful day to spend outside.

I was up at 4:45am to start setting up at 6am.  I can never sleep the night before my garage sale.  There is always something to do and things spinning around in my head.  My friends arrived at 7am when the real work began.  People started coming at 8am (even though the sign in my driveway had 9am).  That's why it's so important to set up at least an hour before your scheduled start time.  You don't want to lose a customer.  We were busy in the morning, but slowed down tremendously in the afternoon.  We had just enough down time to shop each others treasures.  I got a beautiful vintage bracelet and earrings from Cecilia for only $1.50.  She didn't wear it anymore so it has become a welcome addition to my jewelry collection.  Even Donna and Mary found some treasures. 

Sometimes it is just nice to sit around and catch up with friends that you don't always get to see.  I enjoyed my afternoon with good friends.  I also saw many friends that stopped by the sale.  Most were rummage/thrift sale friends. 

Afterwards, the boys helped me clean up and we moved some items to the curb where most of them have already disappeared.  I have already made one trip to the Savers Thrift store in Crystal Lake (they give you a discount coupon with your donation.) and tomorrow I will donate the rest to the Sparrows Nest in McHenry.  I'm still watching the curb to see if the air hockey table has been picked up.  I hope someone can use it. 

I just scanned the garage sale ads for tomorrow (I can't wait to start looking for treasures again).   Sunday is the Elkhorn Wisconsin flea market and Lake Geneva is having an art fair and book signing at the Cornerstone Shop and Gallery by Monica who has her own HGTV show.       

No comments:

Post a Comment