Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Surprise Garage Sale

My friends Joyce and Chris are having a garage sale in Crystal Lake on Friday.  Joyce has lots and lots of vintage linens to sell.  She knows that I love them.  (We often fight over them at sales.)  Anyway, she was nice enough to give me a sneak peak this afternoon.  I ran right over there.  She had boxes and piles to go through.  It was so much fun!  I only bought a few since I'm trying to be a little picky.  I don't want my collection to get too much out of control.  If it hasn't already.  I found some really neat ones, especially one with hand embroidered peacocks.  I love hand embroidered pieces.  I also found a nice cookie jar for my mom.  It will make a great Christmas present since she still collects cookie jars.  This was unique.  I know she doesn't have one of them. 

Friday is looking good for garage sales.  The weather is supposed to be nice and the paper is full of sales.  I'm going back to Joyce's sale to see what else she has found to sell.  There is also one on Lincoln Street in Woodstock that should be good.  I bought lots of vintage costume jewelry from her a few months back and she now has other treasures, plus.......vintage linens.  I can't wait to see what she has!

Sept 1st is the Cedarburg Flea Market in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment