Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Basement Organizing Day

I warned Austin all week that we would be organizing the basement, mostly his things, on Saturday.  Well, today is the day!   I did go to an estate sale in Woodstock and came home empty handed.  Then, on the way to Pokemon, we stopped at 2 garage sales and went away empty handed.  It's ok though.  I really needed to focus on organizing the basement and pulling items to sell on Ebay.

We worked for over 2 hours and we managed to combine 2 bins into 1.  That was my goal.  I have a huge container full of toys for the next garage sale.  At this rate, I'll need to have another sale in October.  I designated one corner of the basement to bins of toys that we are keeping.  My basement is lacking in storage space so I make due wherever I can.  At least his Legos and Bionicles look neater and more contained.  (He still has so much though).  All of the loose toys are also in bins and there is more floor space for them to get around.  I'm happy with our finished look.  I have a few vintage toys that I am going to sell on Ebay.  They weren't the kids favorite toys so I'm not keeping them any longer.  I'm hoping to put them up for auction tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment