Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday and Friday Rummage Sales

Yes, I did pay the $5 entrance fee to the Elizabeth Ann Seton church rummage sale on Thursday that was from 5-7 that night.  A lot of other people did the same.  I understand that some of my other rummage salers didn't.  A $5 entry fee hits hard when there are more than one in the party.  I only had Austin with me and I only offered to pay for me.

We did find a few things.  I found a doll planter for $1, the 2 latest Janet Evanovich books for $2 each (I love her!) plus some Marvel comic books for 50 cents each, a turtle for $2 for Ethan's every growing turtle collection, a glass jar to hold my nail polish for 50 cents, a cat paperweight for 50 cents, a white wicker toy chest for $12 and a Chuck Norris picture for $1 (Ethan and his friends are obsessed with Chuck Norris so I thought this was a must).  I cleaned out Ethan's Pokemon plus a few other plush figures and put them in the wicker chest.  At least that area of his room is more contained and in order.

On to Friday and the Calvary Church Rummage sale in Crystal Lake on Route 31.  It was to start at 10am but they let us in at 9:30.  They must have felt sorry for us that we were waiting and talking for awhile.  Anyway, we found stuff as usual.  I found a milk glass bowl for $1, another glass jar to hold things for $2, a shell heart shaped box for $2, a vintage rose flowered bowl for $1, a Bill Clinton watch for $1, some Nes video games for 50 cents each and a frame to hold the Chuck Norris picture.  It was fun seeing my rummage sale friends and comparing purchases.

Ann's church rummage sale in Prairie Grove is on Sept 13 at 9am.  Hers is one of my favorite sales.

The Elkhorn Flea Market in Elkhorn Wisconsin is this Sunday.  I can't be there, but I will be treasure hunting in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.  They have a great farmers market/flea market and some great antique/junk stores.  Should be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment