Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Garage Sale

Well, we finally had our garage sale yesterday.  I had it all set up early (for those early birds) and had my first customer before 7am.  He bought the hand chair that I wanted to get rid of so badly.  I was happy to see it go.  After him though, the customers were few and far between.  We didn't have that many people at the sale.  I was very disappointed.  I did sell some big pieces and other small stuff, so at least we made some money and cleared out some space in the house. 

After the sale, I packed it all up and we took almost everything to the Sparrows Nest in McHenry.  It doesn't pay to hold on to anything that didn't sell since I wanted to get rid of it anyway.  Now my house is clean and almost uncluttered.  I already have a few projects in mind that I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment