Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Trails!

Austin didn't have school today, so we set out early to have fun.  First we did some errands and then stopped at Starbucks to refuel.  Our favorite place!

We stopped at a sale in Woodstock and found a nice small cedar box with an Indian on the top for $4 and it had Cape May New Jersey on it.  Since I am a Jersey girl, I had to buy it to use as a Christmas present.  We then headed to Hebron for a church rummage sale.  We love that church sale on Main St.  Last year I found a jewelry armoire for $3.  This year, we found a vintage Atari with around 20 games in the original plastic case for $5.  They didn't have it priced, so they asked me to make an offer.  We have been looking for an Atari forever.  What an exciting find.  I hope we can figure out how to plug it in and that it works.  I also found 2 garden books for 50 cents each and some fabric for $1 for all.  That was a fun sale and I saw Ann, one of my rummage sale friends.

We detoured back to Woodstock where I found a hand made metal rooster for $5.  It will be great once I figure out where to put it in my garden.  We did all of these things while on the way to Edwards Apple Orchard.  We love Edwards and it opened last Friday for the season.  We had our cup of apple cider and donut.  This year we also had vanilla ice cream.  We stopped in the barn and bought some jam and more donuts while sampling some of their tasting treats.  Austin and I couldn't find our way out of the maze.  It took us longer than usual.  We must be getting old.

On the way home, we stopped at Twigs and Things in Capron. It is a cute antiques plus other things store.  We didn't find anything, but I would stop in to look again.  They had a nice assortment of things.  We also stopped at Twin Farms between Harvard and Chemung for vegetables.  Our car smelled like cantaloupe on the way home.  I bought 2 stems of sunflowers for $1 and have them on my kitchen table.  They look nice in a vintage white enamel pitcher. 

We were tired once we got home 6 hours later, but we had a nice day.  I love Fall and all that it brings.  This was a nice way of bringing it in.   

No comments:

Post a Comment