Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Some Friday Treasures

Austin and I went back to the neighborhood sale in Woodstock today.  My friend Chris wasn't open yesterday, but she was today.  Boy did she have the stuff to sell.  We must have been there for 45 minutes looking and looking.  She kept putting out stuff and we kept looking.  I found a great black iron plant stand for $3, a blue vase for $2, a milk glass basket for $2, a single green depression glass candle holder for $1 that I'm going to use in a craft idea that I have, a Dorothy Wizard of Oz plate for $1 that I'm also going to use in a craft idea and a craft holding bin for $10 that I'm going to put Austin's Legos and Bionicle pieces in.  It should work out fine and I'll post a picture of it when I'm finished and organized.  Austin found a Godzilla book written in Japanese for 50 cents and a free Spongebob beach ball.  We had lots of fun looking. 

We stopped at Joyful Harvest Church rummage sale in Johnsburg this afternoon and found a few pins for 50 cents and $1 to use on my felted bags and a purse for $1 to cut the handle off to also use with my felted bags.  It was late in the afternoon and pretty picked over.  They still had lots left though.

Hopefull tomorrow we can get to the St Johns Church rummage sale in McHenry and the kids sale in Cary.  I don't know if we'll have the time, but I'm sure doing to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment