Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stuff, Stuff, Stuff

We actually got up and left the house at 7:15 this morning to get to the St John's Church Rummage sale in Johnsburg.  Since it was their first one, we thought that we would find good stuff.  I didn't know where to enter the sale, but all of my rummage sale friends were on line so we just followed them.  It is always so much fun talking to them before a sale.  It makes the time go by.

They had lots of stuff and we found a few things.  Ethan found a book of Pokemon/Yugioh cards for $2 and Austin found 2 older Transformer toys for $1 for one and $2 for the other and 2 Nutcrackers for $3 each.  I found 2 miniature vases for $1 each, a covered dish for 75 cents, a cameo pin for 50 cents and 3 purses (for their handles) for $1 each.  We were happy with our finds.  We were in a hurry to get to a garage sale that listed Pokemon items in McHenry and Ethan had to get to soccer practice by 10am in Woodstock.

The garage sale did have Pokemon items, but most were very expensive.  We did find a few bargains though and brought home a bag full of older Pokemon video games.  We went through all of our video game duplicates this afternoon and we found quite a few to sell on Ebay.  Hopefully the kids will make some good money.

It was a very busy day for us.  I found a spot for the leaf trellis that I bought this week.  I put it behind a green chair stand that is in the garden and it is very subtle.  I like the look.  I'm too tired to work on anything else tonight, but I have a lot of ideas for when the kids are back in school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment