Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Thursday and Friday Treasures

I spent most of the mornings of Thursday and Friday garage saleing.  Thursday was pretty slow picking, but there were lots of sales in Crystal Lake.  I found a nice green painted tray for 10 cents.  Who could pass that up?  I have always wanted one and this was the ladies great aunt's.  What a deal!  I went to the Sparrows Nest in McHenry also and found a blue/white doilie for 50 cents and an aluminum server with the original glass inserts for $4.  Another good deal!

My first stop on Friday morning was for a sale that I found on the way to taking Austin to school.  It was only down the street from me so I also had a chance to meet my neighbors.  I found a great blue milk glass bowl for $2, an aluminum tray for $1 and a Japanese tin for $1.  I like to put presents in the tins.  It is so much nicer than in just a paper bag.  It is like giving 2 gifts in 1.  I did go to both estate sales listed in the paper on Friday.  One was a Caring Transitions sale in Crystal Lake and the other was a sale in Woodstock.  Both left me empty handed.  That happens sometimes.  There were also a few sales in Ridgefield that I stopped at.  I found some fabric at one for 50 cents to $1 each and vintage hankies for 25 cents.  I spent a whole $3.50 at that one.

I have been spending time putting the vintage video games up for auction on Ebay.  I hope the kids make big money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment