Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

It Only Takes A Few Good Sales

There were only a few sales today.  Probably because of the upcoming Labor Day weekend.  I started out in McHenry and stopped at 1 sale.  I found a black iron plant trellis for $1.50 and a brand new pair of Macy's Studio Works orange flowered sandals for $3.  She had lots of brand new shoes, but that was the only pair that fit me.  Next, I was off to Crystal Lake.  I found a doily for 50 cents at the first sale.  At the second sale I found an aluminum flower plate for 50 cents and a lady plate for 50 cents.  At the third sale I found the kids some video games and a game guide for a total of $2.75.  On the way back, I saw a sign for an estate sale.  As it turns out, this lady holds a sale every year and she must have had at least 20 tables plus items all over her yard.  My friend Chris, who is an antique dealer, was already shopping and had her car full.  I still managed to find some things and the lady running the sale gave me a good deal.  I found 3 vintage drinking glasses for $5 (they were the exact ones that I found at an estate sale a few months ago.  Now I have 5 of them).  I also found a vintage tablecloth in perfect condition for $5, a necklace for 25 cents and she threw in a pin for free, a vintage Zoro book for $1, a vintage Pac Man drinking glass for $2, a bag of vintage Christmas ornaments for 75 cents (all because there was a blue Santa in it and I don't have a blue Santa), an aluminum coaster set by Continental for $5, a vintage Japanese fan for $1, and a vintage pink Christmas ball ornament for $1.  I could barely carry it all.  It was a fun sale to find by chance.  Sometimes the best sales are the ones you just come upon.

Speaking of coming upon a sale, my neighbor threw out an almost new snow shovel and a new gas can.  So, of course, I pulled over and took them.  We can always use a snow shovel.  Hopefully not that often this winter.
I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to sell some items on Ebay.  I sold a few video games for the kids today and they made some good money.  They were happy with their earnings.  I put up some more so I hope that they do as well as today.  It's a great way to clean out the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment