Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Estate Sale Treasures

I went to the Caring Transitions estate sale on Woodstock Street in Crystal Lake today.  I only had to wait for about 15 minutes.  At 1pm, it was still busy.  Lots of people on line to get in.  I had been to a garage sale at this house in the summer. 

The house was full of stuff.  Really nice antiques and tons of other stuff.  We all got a kick out of the Life magazines filling up the basement.  I was in the dining room when I glanced into the kitchen and saw a beautiful large aluminum platter.  I immediately knew it was made by Wendall August Forge even before I looked at the back.  The edges were thick and the quality was really nice.  I paid $16 for it, but it was worth it.  I also found a vintage hankie of the seashore for $4, 3 Christmas ornaments for $2-$3, a stone sculpture for Austin for $2, an embroidered tablecloth for $3 and a Christmas present for Caldwell that I can't show or tell about incase he reads this page.  The sale goes on tomorrow also from 9-3.

The Zion Lutheran Church in McHenry will start their rummage sale on Oct 4 at 8am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment