Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Knitting....

I only had a chance to go to a few garage/estate sales today.  Every year, the Master Gardeners have a disease tour at one of our homes to learn more about trees and their problems.  So, today was the day.  It is a great learning experience and also a good way to see everyone.  Our monthly meeting followed.  I always come away feeling good about what I learned and look forward to the next year.  I had the disease tour at my house a few years ago.  The next class of Master Gardeners begins in January.  It is held every other year.  So, there is still time to get on the list if you are interested in becoming a Master Gardener.  Just contact Brenda at the Extension Office on McConnell Road in Woodstock at the Farm Bureau building.  At the meetings we always eat.  That is another fun part of getting together.  We all try to bring something and usually it is made from produce from our gardens.  I made pumpkin cupcakes from a recipe that I found in the October issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  They turned out really yummy.  I will be making them again.  I used canned pumpkin and usually stock up on it for future use. 

After the meeting, I headed out to a sale in Woodstock.  I found a circular knitting needle for 50 cents, another set of knitting needles for $1 and some vintage pink buttons for 50 cents.  Then, I was off to Crystal Lake.  I found 3 knitting books for $4.  They are mostly on felting.  Later in the afternoon, I stopped at the Sparrows Nest in McHenry and found a set of size 50 knitting needles for $1.50, a knight adult size halloween costume for $10, and 3 vintage drinking glasses for $1.50 each (2 of Illinois and 1 of Wisconsin).  They also had glasses from the Wisconsin Dells, Florida, Hawaii and a few other states.  I used my 10% off coupon and saved $2.10.  I also have a saver card that gets stamped each time I spend $20.  I finally filled the last spot today and will save 25% on my next purchase.  I will use that when I find a lot of stuff. 

I sold more video games for the kids this week and got paid instantly.  The people that buy video games pay quicker than any other buyer that I have dealt with.  I have a few more to put up this week along with some other items.

The last Elkhorn Flea Market is on Sept 30.  I love that one because it has a lot of fall/autumn items and Christmas stuff.  I'm sad that the season is coming to an end.  That is my favorite flea market and I will have to wait until May when it starts again.  It's a good thing that the church rummage sale season is beginning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment