Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Treasure Hunting in the Rain

I stopped at the Mount Hope Church rummage sale today and didn't find anything.  It happens sometimes.  I did see some friends though.

I then went to some garage sales in McHenry first.  It was raining the whole time I was garage saleing, but I was glad to see that the sales were still open.  I found 2 seashell glass plates, a ring and a vintage santa tree ornament for a total of $2.  At another sale, I found the boys a Pikachu Nintendo 64 game for $2.  So, next it was to the Caring Transitions estate sale in Crystal Lake where I found 2 seashell boxes, priced $2 and $3, to add to my collection.  They were in great condition.  No broken shells.  I had some more luck in Woodstock at sales.  At one sale I found an apron and 2 vintage Vera Christmas towels for 25 cents each.  At another sale I found 2 pins, 1silver Monet wreath pin for $3 and 1 Elizabeth Morrey pin with matching earrings for $1.  I didn't know who she was so I looked her up on Ebay.  These are vintage pieces.  Exciting to find!  At this sale I also found, a nutcracker in the original box for 50 cents for Austin's collection and a Westmoreland milk glass piece for $3. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get to the Caring Transitions estate sale on W. Woodstock Street in Crystal Lake.  It sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment