Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cold Days Treasure Hunting

Boy have the past few days been cold.  Not too cold though to go treasure hunting.  I did manage to find some neat treasures.  I got a really great seashell for 50 cents that I put in my garden on a little table.  I also found a New York linen towel for $1, a lady planter for $1 to go with a new collection of them that I seem to find more and more of, some fabric, lace trim for 25 cents and today at the Sparrows Nest in Cary, a milk glass pedestal bowl for $6 (minus 25% for their sale today).  It's always nice to walk into the Sparrows Nest and find out that there is a sale of 25% off of everything in the store. 

I stopped at the Woodstock Farmers Market on the square in Woodstock today.  It was so cold and windy, but the Bull Valley Garden Club was having their yearly plant sale.  I found a few plants to add to my garden plus a few really cute planters that contained plants.  I had a really nice time as I always do when I'm shopping for plants.  Hopefully, next week the weather will finally warm up so that I can add them to my garden.  I also bought a few tomato plants and I'm ready to plant them, but Mother Nature doesn't seem to want me to. 

Thursday, May 16th is the Grace Lutheran Church rummage sale starting at 3pm in Woodstock.  There are lots of garage sales coming up this week.  Don't forget, the Elkhorn Fleamarket is opening on Sunday May 19th.  Yay!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment