Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cedarburg Wisconsin Flea Market

What a wonderful way to spend the day.  The weather was beautiful up in Cedarburg Wisconsin.  We needed a light jacket in the morning, but by the afternoon it was warm and sunny.  Just perfect!  The kids and I drove the two hours each way just to go to the first Cedarburg flea market of the season.  I think that was the choice of so many others too.  It was packed and parking was at a premium.  We did manage to park in a private lot at an automobile shop.  It was down the street from the flea market so it wasn't too far. 

Our first stop was to Mary at her booth where she sells vintage toys.  We always buy lots of Pokemon toys from her.  Today was no exception.  What fun we had visiting with her.  The boys made many "friends" today talking about Pokemon and/or video games.  The flea market was filled with families and teens.  It was so nice to see.

We also found lots of Transformers toys, comic books, Mario items, and video games.  It was definitely a teen day of treasures.  I did find two wonderful seashell bracelets for $15 for both and a nice milk glass pedestal cake stand for $5.  I pushed around a metal shopping cart that I found at an estate sale this week for $2.  It was great to have and so many others had the same idea.  We filled it up!

We stayed at the flea market for around 5 1/2 hours and then headed off to the downtown area.  There were lots of garage sales on the way.  We walked around the town shops for awhile and I found a metal garden ornament for $20.  Tomorrow I will find a place for it in my garden. 

We had a blast today!  This was one of the best flea markets I have been to in a long time.  There were lots of new items mixed in between vintage/antique items and food.  More tasty cheese curds.  There was something for everyone.  It was well worth the four hours round trip to get there.  The next one is July 14.  Maybe we'll be up for another trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment