Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Vintage Plates

Yesterday was milk glass day.  Today was vintage plate day.  I just love when I find multiples of an item on the same day.  I went to the church rummage sale on Walkup today in Crystal Lake and found some cute things.  I got a small wooden box for $3 (which Ethan took), a cute vintage dog that is a pincushion for 50 cents, 2 necklaces for $1 each and some purses for $1 each to use the handles. 

I went around to many garage sales today and found a few treasures:  vintage doilies and tablecloth for $2-$3 each, and then I stumbled upon my treasures for the day.  I always go to this garage sale on Ridgeland Ave in Woodstock.  They had so many great items.  I found those vintage plates for 75 cents to $1 each, an aluminum pitcher by Rodney Kent for 50 cents (Wow!  What a find!), a mirrored tray for 75 cents (I had always wanted one and now I own 3), a vintage shell pottery piece for 50 cents, a milk glass miniature cup for 25 cents and a turtle for 25 cents.  That sale was so much fun!  I am really getting into those vintage dishes and I look for them everywhere now.  I look for floral patterns in mostly pinks or yellow or whatever catches my eye.  I hope I'm not starting a new collection.  Collections just seem to happen.

I'm really looking forward to the Elkhorn Flea Market on Sunday.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful.  Last year it rained a few times so I'm looking forward to the nice weather that is promised so far.  Keep your fingers crossed for sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment