Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Free Comic Book Day Plus More Fun!

The first Saturday of May is FREE comic book day!  We love it!!!  We go to Al n Anns in McHenry every year to get as many free comic books as you wish.  They also provide free soda and cookies.  There are always super heroes on hand to take pictures with.  This year was a cartoonist doing caracatures.  Austin had his done for $5.  It was loads of fun. 

We decided to stop at the second day of the Ridgefield church rummage sale to look for a frame for his drawing.  We found one for 25 cents.  Today was half price.  We also bought a larger frame that we will save for a later time.  We also found a round rooster serving tray for $1.50 and two vintage, I believe Haeger, pieces for $1.50 each.  I was looking at them yesterday, but I didn't want to pay $6.  I couldn't believe that they were still there so I grabbed them.  It was amazing to see how much had sold since yesterday.  Almost all of the furniture was gone.  It was a fun sale.  Even on the second day we always manage to find something. 

I am so excited about the upcoming flea markets in May.  May 19 is the first Elkhorn Wisconsin flea market of the season and on May 26 is the Cedarburg Wisconsin start.  The countdown begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment