Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  I spent a wonderful afternoon in Lake Geneva (even though it was a little cold).  Lake Geneva is beautiful even when the temperature is chilly.  We took a ride to Northwind Perennial Nursery in Burlington.  I love going there.  I bought a few plants.  Even Austin wanted a plant (Horsemint).  We are going to plant it in a container so that it can't spread like wildfire.  He's excited about making tea from the leaves.  It will be his responsibility to take care of.  It was nice to see the tulips and the other plants in bloom.  I know that spring will be returning by Tuesday and I'm ready for it! 

We had dinner in town and then dessert at Kilwin's.  We love Kilwin's and always make that a stop when we are in Lake Geneva.  Hopefully, the next time we go to Lake Geneva the temperature will be warmer.  The last two times that we were there it was really cold.  It didn't seem to stop us from going there and I doubt that it ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment