Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, October 25, 2013

2 Rummage Sales in One Day!

2 rummage sales in one day is heaven.  I am so glad that I was off from subbing.  Sometimes things just work out perfectly.  Austin was off from school also, so he joined me in treasure hunting.  We spent the morning at the 1st Congregational Church on Pierson Street in Crystal Lake.  Austin found some Pokémon cards and Transformer toys.  I found a flag pattern milk glass plate for $2.50,  bags of fabric pieces from 50 cents to $1 each, a vintage pin for 50 cents and vintage earrings for 50 cents. 

The Methodist Church on Crystal Lake Avenue in Crystal Lake had their rummage sale starting at 5pm, so Ethan and Austin both went with me.  We did find some video games and Pokémon cards so the boys were happy.  I found a beautiful milk glass pedestal bowl for $6, vintage pins for $1-2 each and a vintage scarf for $2.  The scarf is really unique. I loved it at first sight.

It was fun seeing our rummage sale friends twice in one day.  Since the season is winding down for rummage sales, we won't see them until the spring when the sales start up again.

This weekend is the Christmas craft fair at Crystal Lake South High School in Crystal Lake.  It always has such nice items.  Friday Nov 1 is the Algonquin Library book sale starting at 4pm.  (You can go on Thursday but have to pay an entry fee).  This is a really good book sale.  Plus you get cookies and something to drink afterwards.  Nov 2, Saturday, is Mistletoe Magic at Grace Lutheran Church in Woodstock.  This is my ultimate favorite sale.  There are wonderful craft items plus vintage jewelry and trinkets.  The best part is that you can buy cookies by the pound that the members make.  We love that part!

No comments:

Post a Comment