Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Vintage Tablecloths

Today was my day for finding vintage tablecloths.  I have to get them while I can.  I don't always come across them.  But, today was the day!

I found 2 of them at a garage/estate sale in McHenry.  The one is grey and yellow and it was $3.  I can't ever pass up a $3 vintage tablecloth.  The other one has 4 napkins with the tablecloth that is red poppies.  It was $8.  The lady told me it only had 2 napkins, but when I got it home, it had 4.  Even better.

The other 2 came from an estate sale in Woodstock.  One is a California tablecloth ($10) and the other is a smaller pink floral one with 4 napkins which was $5.  They were all pretty good buys.  Only a few stains, but no holes.  I already soaked 2 of them in Oxyclean and they came out really nice.  Tomorrow I will work on the other 2.

The Grayslake Flea Market is this weekend.  Too bad I can't make it.  Soccer season is still in full swing.  The McHenry and Cary Libraries book sales are next weekend Oct 19-20.  Those are good sales.  The Algonquin Library book sale is Oct 31-Nov 3.  (Thursday is preview night with a $10 fee admission.)  Oct 24th is the Congregational Church rummage sale on Pierson Street in Crystal Lake.  One of my favorite sales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment